Leaving a Job

As a Certified Career Management Coach I find that everyday I am working with people who are unhappy in their jobs. They may love what they do for work, but detest where they do it. Sometimes that boils down to a bad boss or even bad co-workers. When you find that you are spending a great deal of time and expending a great deal of energy negative work situation, it is time to fix it or forget it. Sounds simple. However we are often so afraid of the unknown, particularly in a job search, that we stay put.

By the time I usually see someone in this situation, they have boiled over. They will tell me that for years they had wanted to leave their employer, but it wasn't until something big happened that they just couldn't stay any longer. They also tell me that they wish they had made the move years before. The relief I see on their faces tells me that they have done the right thing.

What is it that has forced you to leave a job? There is a poll going on right now, so join in and let us know. If the reason you have left a job is not listed then feel free to post me through comments section. We will discuss this in more depth after the poll.

ASK THE CAREER COACH!

Please be our guest and ask your job-related questions. Each week one or more questions will be answered on this blog by our Certified Career Management Coaching staff. Send your questions to the Career Coach via our website or email us at coach@careercounseling.com. Thank you!